Monday, November 9, 2015

It's Make It Monday! Set The Table For Thanksgiving Tea

The days are growing shorter as the dark comes earlier it seems each night. By the time I finished my craft for photos the sun had long since set!  For today's Make It Monday craft I am sharing with you an easy way to add a little glam to your dolly tea table using items you may have at home.

Setting a nice table makes all the difference when you are entertaining with friends and dollies are no exception.  To share today I am showing you how to use fun foam, felt, ribbon, left over artificial flower leaves and a sharpie to create a festive fall themed or Thanksgiving themed tea for yourself and your dolls.

To make your own you will need:
-Light brown, tan, or another fall colored sheet of fun foam
-Brown Felt
-A Ruler or measuring tape
-A Gold or Copper Colored Sharpie Marker
-Scissors
-1/4 thick Ribbon


Step 1- Remove the leaves from a stem of an artificial flower, pull off the small plastic part that held the leaves into place and then trim apart the leaves.
Step 2- Use a Sharpie Marker to write your dolls name on the leaf. Repeat for as many dolls that you have attending the party.

Step 3- To create each napkin I measured and cut a 4 inch by 4 inch square out of felt. Then I placed the felt over my finger to form the napkin shape. Next I wrapped ribbon around the center and tied it into place.
Step 4- Cut out place mats for your dolls using fun foam. I cut 3 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inch rectangles but you can make yours larger if your table has space.

Now you are ready to set the table for your dolls tea party! I used items I had from my own mini tea set collection to set this table and I am thrilled with how it turned out and so was my doll!
Thank you for joining me for today's Make It Monday Craft! I look forward to sharing more dolly craft ideas with you soon.~ Karen Owen aka Karen Mom of Three

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this Table for Thanksgiving Tea is looking stunning. How simply and easily you decorated it. Thanks for the inspirations here. Well, I hosted thanksgiving party for my mom at some local NYC venues. Mom adored it a lot. She got so happy to have this surprise party.

    ReplyDelete