Monday, June 30, 2014

Make It Monday! Make A Summer Reading Tent For Your Mini Dolls

Karen here and today I wanted to share with you a fun way you can make a reading tent for your mini 6 inch dolls! My kids love to read outside in tents in the summer and I thought you would like to see how to make one for your mini dolls.
To make your own you will need:
-4 Popsicle sticks
-4 wooden coffee stir sticks
-A glue gun with Glue
-Kunnin Felt I used 60's Tie Dye Felt
-Scissors
-Pen
Step 1- Assemble your supplies and plug in your glue gun
Step 2- lay out you Popsicle sticks as shown in the photo above and glue in each corner to create the base
Step 3- Next add glue in each corner and lay your coffee stir sticks into the glue and hold the tops towards the center while the glue sets.
Step 4- Repeat on the other side,add glue at the top of your coffee stir sticks to hold them in place.
Step 5- Lay your Tent Structure on to the felt as shown in the photo above, use your pen to trace one side, cut out and repeat on the other three sides. Use the left over felt to create tent flaps for your tent and glue them into place along the coffee stick sides.

Step 6- Cut a piece from your felt the same size as your base and glue it to the bottom of your base with the color side up! Now your tent is ready for your mini doll play!
I hope you enjoyed today's craft! I look forward to sharing more craft ideas with you again soon!- Karen Owen aka Karen Mom of Three 

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I can make some for my dolls & my grandson's super hero collection! He will love this idea to add places to hide his heroes & bad guys! Thank you, Karen"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute, I just got my little girl some mini dolls, I think we'll try this !

    ReplyDelete